EYE ON Speed & Space Management
Course Length: 30 minutes
Overview: Drivers need to understand how speed and space management can impact their ability to react to hazards and stop when needed. A proper space cushion around vehicles is vital to proper speed and space management. A driverâ€™s ability to stop is impacted by a number of factors, including perception distance, reaction distance, and braking distance. Along with these factors, weather, traffic, and construction play a role in speed and space management.
EYE ON Speed & Space Management is designed to provide drivers with information that can help them manage their speed and space while on the road.
After completing this course, learners will be able to:
- List consequences of poor speed and space management
- Explain perception distance, reaction distance, and braking distance
- Calculate the proper following distance in relation to their speed, size of their vehicle, and factors such as weather and traffic
- Describe what a space cushion is and how factors such as weather and traffic can impact it
EYE ON Speed & Space Management covers the following topics:
Speed & Space Management
- What is Speed & Space Management?
- Poor Speed & Space Management
- What is Stopping Distance?
- Perception Distance
- Reaction Distance
- Braking Distance
- Calculating Stopping Distance
- What is a Space Cushion?
- The Space Ahead
- The Space Behind
- The Space to the Sides
- The Space Above & Below
Visit our Online Training Course Demo page...